Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Stress.

Guess what! I finished my sophomore year of high school! Now I get the whole summer to forget math equations and grammar rules! I won't see my friends everyday and teachers will begin to forget my name! But one thing hasn't changed, stress. If anything my stress level will rise as summer continues. I may have mentioned before that I am a very ambitious person, sometimes maybe a bit too ambitious. Well as the school year was ending I started to make my plans for summer, and lets just say that I may have gone a bit overboard. First, I ski, so dry land training was a must that I had to attend. Then marching band. Last summer my school's marching band got invited to march in the Pearl Harbor 75th Memorial Parade in Honolulu, Hawaii. So naturally, being the adventurer I am, I hopped on board, so now I have skiing and marching band both in the morning six days a week. I then realized that this trip would be expensive, so I got a job to help pay for it. I thought that working at the Utah Olympic Park would allow for flexibility since my ski team is associated with them. Well, turns out that they expect me to work 5 days a week from 9-6, and that ain't happening. And on top of all of this I still can't drive; so I'm having to rely on other people to get me from place to place. Also, I'm volunteering at the hospital and trying to run cross country (we'll see if that actually happens). With all of this going on, I'm doing something every single day and have nearly no time for hanging out with friends. So yeah, I'm kind of dying, but I mean I'll probably get through. Wish me luck!

Here are some picture from my recent trip to Bend, Oregon for an on snow ski camp. I'm sharing it because it lowered my stress level a ton!
Mount Bachelor where we were skiing 
Prrreeetty waterfall run
One day it was blizzarding and I was honestly so cold

View of the Three Sisters and Broken Top from the top of Mount Bachelor

No comments:

Post a Comment